Come in whatever attire is comfortable for you. For those who have special mobility needs, we have an elevator that can be accessed from our parking lot behind the church. Children are welcome in our sanctuary, and childcare is available in the nursery.
What we believe:
United Methodists share a common heritage with all Christians. According to our foundational statement of beliefs in The Book of Discipline, we share the following basic affirmations in common with all Christian communities:
We believe in –
- God, who is one, is revealed in three distinct persons.
- We believe in the mystery of salvation through Jesus Christ. God became human in Jesus of Nazareth; and his life, death and resurrection demonstrates God’s redeeming love.
- The Holy Spirit is God’s present activity in our midst. When we sense God’s leading, God’s challenge, or God’s support or comfort, it’s the Holy Spirit at work.
- Genesis 1:27 asserts that we’ve been made in the image of the Creator. Like God we have the capacity to love and care, to communicate, and to create.
- The church is the body of Christ, an extension of Christ’s life and ministry in the world today.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word and is the primary authority for our faith and practice.
- The kingdom or reign of God is both a present reality and future hope.
For more information and history of the United Methodist Church, visit UMC.org
(Use back arrow to return to this page after visiting link.)